Wednesday, September 3, 2008

worker bees get the honey

I can't believe how fast August flew by. It seemed just yesterday that the new GAs were getting here and now here it is the first week of August. Meaghan started school this week (finally). The construction on the school is almost done and it looks good so far. She is really enjoying being a second year teacher and not having the stress of doing everything for the first time.

OSU Intramurals officially kicked off their year with flag football last night. It was great to be out at the fields again teaching the new referees and supervisors. I love my job and can't wait until the pay me an actual salary for doing it!

I am playing rugby for the OSU collegiate side. I started with the team in the spring and it is great to be playing again after taking last fall semester off. There are a lot of young guys on the team and I feel like the crafty old veteran. We played UCO for our first game last weekend and won 113-5. It was nice to see so many people score and to have so much fun even though the heat was ridiculous! We are hosting a tournament this weekend which should be a lot of fun. The team dedicated the tournament to one of our teammates who was killed tragically in a car accident the night after our game last weekend. He will be missed greatly and we hope that the tournament can honor his memory.

I have been hearing a lot about the fairs and other fall traditions back home. It makes me miss going to the Brooklyn and Woodstock Fairs. I always enjoyed watching the tractor pulls and pig races.

No comments: